LucianMS Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to LucianMS' forum - The Most Custom Private Server

+5
LustStars
confirmed
KamiiKaze
none
Geoff
9 posters

Your opinion on a wipe.

Poll

Do you want a server wipe?

[ 10 ]
    Your opinion on a wipe. Bar_left48%Your opinion on a wipe. Bar_right [48%] 
    [ 11 ]
    Your opinion on a wipe. Bar_left52%Your opinion on a wipe. Bar_right [52%] 

Total Votes: 21
    Poll closed
    none
    none
    Official Member

Zodiac : Capricorn Posts : 13

Your opinion on a wipe. Empty Your opinion on a wipe.

Post by none Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:24 pm

Yes or No?
    I've seen a lot of talk on the positives and negatives of a post-beta wipe!
    Maybe it would be better if the server didn't wipe? Are you ok with losing all your progress?
    What's your opinion on it?
    Explain in the comments and put your reason if you'd like! Smile

Thanks!
    KamiiKaze
    KamiiKaze

Your opinion on a wipe. Empty Re: Your opinion on a wipe.

Post by KamiiKaze Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:31 pm

Tbh, it is abit pain losing all progress but however instead of wiping how about increasing level capacity to level 255 instead and just make it abit harder.

Just my opinion.
    Geoff
    Geoff

Post by Geoff Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:36 pm

i honestly hate wipes. but i also have been playing private servers long enough to know and understand that wipes are essential and needed in the beginning stages of the game....... if it continues then get upset..... but just have fun no?
    none
    none
    Official Member

Zodiac : Capricorn Posts : 13

Post by none Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:38 pm

KamiiKaze wrote:Tbh, it is abit pain losing all progress but however instead of wiping how about increasing level capacity to level 255 instead and just make it abit harder.

Just my opinion.

A level expansion to 255 would be sick! but would need a lot of editing of mobs and addition of more leveling spots from 200-255 cause there is none implemented yet. But this would be sweet! Definitely an incentive.
    KamiiKaze
    KamiiKaze

Post by KamiiKaze Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:50 pm

none wrote:
    KamiiKaze wrote:Tbh, it is abit pain losing all progress but however instead of wiping how about increasing level capacity to level 255 instead and just make it abit harder.

Just my opinion.

A level expansion to 255 would be sick! but would need a lot of editing of mobs and addition of more leveling spots from 200-255 cause there is none implemented yet. But this would be sweet! Definitely an incentive.

Yeah would be sick! There are many spots in LHC that could be modified. But seeing this is a custom server, there are rooms for alot of improvement which i look forward to see.
    confirmed
    confirmed
    Game Master
    Game Master

Zodiac : Leo Posts : 7

Post by confirmed Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:29 pm

Totally fine with that :cough:
    LustStars
    LustStars

Post by LustStars Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:10 am

If a wipe does go thru, ill be somewhat upset since i'll lose the progress of all the items i've farmed.
    A better solution would be to make end game content instead.
    Liquid
    Liquid

Post by Liquid Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:49 pm

The Level 1 reset bug giving players extra AP is enough reason for a reset
    Scythe
    Scythe

Post by Scythe Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:27 pm

Wipe, not interesting on keep on playing if some people have 2k stats that i can never reach
    Lord
    Lord

Post by Lord Sat Oct 27, 2018 12:53 am

First of all, I don't care if there is a wipe or not. Yes, I know I'm already lvl 200 and all, but I won't be bias. I'm speaking from a logical standpoint so with that said, I believe wiping is not necessary.

1) The reason why is because in this server you can get to lvl 200 easily. Yes, I know there were bugs/exploit such as keys and party exp bug that helped a lot of people level like crazy, but at the same time, there are monsters that give you millions of EXP. This server doesn't emphasize the importance of grinding to lvl 200. You can get yourself to lvl 200 in less than a week without the bugs/exploits by just simply grinding. So whether or not exploits were used in open beta, it doesn't affect much when you can get to lvl 200 without much effort anyways.

2) Rollback issue. There was an issue early beta that some players got rolled back but kept their AP/SP so there are currently some players with alot more AP than others. There's a simple fix. No character should have more than 1030 base AP when they are at level 200. I'm not sure if there could be something done in the backend to subtract AP from certain players, but if possible, just make sure no one has more than 1030 AP and that would fix any glitched players that experienced the rollback. To calculate someones AP by level, this is the formula. 25 base AP at level 1, 5AP x 199 levels = 995 AP, 5 AP each at 3rd and 4th job advancement. So someone who is level 150 should have, 25+(149x5)+5+5 = 780 base AP.

3) It will be quite annoying keeping track of VP/DP of every player if theres a wipe

4) Wiping doesn't fix anything. Everyone will get to lvl 200 again. Everyone will have the same items again. If that's the case, I rather keep the server as it is, and keep the current consistent players happy. I would focus more on pushing new content/end game materials to keep the current players while attracting new players. Wiping it a 2nd time would only discourage people from starting over.

I understand that those who aren't lvl 200 right now might think otherwise, but the fact of the matter is, everyone can get to lvl 200 in no time, has a fair chance at getting any item in the game, and with the rollback fix I suggested, every character will be equal. Unless this server decides to make major changes and make the game harder by fixing monster EXP, removing party exp bug, removing keys that helps you powerlevel, and removing OP equips that give 150+ att, I just don't think a wipe needed. This server gives you lots of features that get u to lvl 200. There's nothing in the game right now that makes one player better than the other besides the rollback AP. Is a wipe really necessary if there's a fix for it?

The only possible reason for a wipe that I could think of is if staffs make the game much harder to achieve lvl 200 (or increase the max level to 250). And by doing that, you would have to add, remove, and fix alot of features and content in the game.
    Liquid
    Liquid

Post by Liquid Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:04 pm

How will you determine who has extra AP or not? It's possible for a player to hide a character with these stats and use it to have an advantage over other players
    Lord
    Lord

Post by Lord Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:27 pm

Liquid wrote:How will you determine who has extra AP or not? It's possible for a player to hide a character with these stats and use it to have an advantage over other players

If I remember correctly, there's a way to check AP stats of characters in the backend/database
    Rys
    Rys
    GFX Artist
    GFX Artist

Post by Rys Mon Oct 29, 2018 5:22 pm

There is going to be a wipe for LucianMS. There is no longer a need for a poll or any further debate. Any information about a wipe will be announced. This thread will now be closed.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:40 am