LucianMS Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to LucianMS' forum - The Most Custom Private Server

2 posters

The Best Mechanical Wonder

LustStars
    LustStars

The Best Mechanical Wonder  Empty The Best Mechanical Wonder

Post by LustStars Thu Oct 25, 2018 2:14 pm

1. Introductions

Howdy! Being the only mechanic past 4th job at the time, I might as well take the liberty of making a guide for others who wants to also be part of the master DPS race.

I've always mained corsair in other private servers since no other class appeals to me and to a degree I will be biased. I'll update this guide as much as I can since I am currently a lvl 14x.

Also the way I play mine could differ to what everyone else may do.
    but I am always open to new suggestions!

Contents
    1-1a Introductions
    2. Pros and Cons
    3. AP build
    4. 1st Job skill build
    5. 2nd Job skill build
    6. 3rd Job skill build
    7. 4th Job skill build

1a. Intro
    The journey of a mechanic may be a difficult one but the glo-up in the end imo is worth it, with massive damage% and versatility.

Mechanics are a ranged DPS,meaning we do high damage to usually a singular target but in LucianMS we have some great mobbing skills that does the same damage if not more as a singular target attack. more will be discussed in skills builds

In bossing parties, we highly make use of a lot of other classes skill buffs but we unfortunately have no buff to give in return. Sort of a trade-off for high DPS imo

Also,Mechanics are more technical to use post 4th job being we don't press a single button repeatedly. requiring to be attentive at all times and learning how to dismount the tank to avoid hp reduction. We heavily rely on our tank to be at our best potential.

2. Pros and Cons
    Pros
    -Very high DPS output
    -Benefits from every class buff
    -Very unique class
    (not at all the same as a regular corsair)[/size]

Cons
    -Low health
     -Has no party buff
    -Leveling is quite hard till 120
    -Requires more attention in boss fights

3. AP Build
    I recommend being low str if you could. if not, then capping at around 120 and transitioning into low str works also. The rest
    of your points goes right into dex

Skills will be listed in order of how I leveled them
    4. 1st Skill build

1)Double shot  (3)
    2)Bullet time (max)
    3)Double shot (max)
    4)Dash (max)
    5)dump rest of points into any 1st job skill

Pretty standard. Double shot as your main atk till 2nd job, Dash for mobility, and bullet time for more accuracy.

5. 2nd Skill build
    1)Invisible shot (1)
    2)Gun Mastery (max)
    3)Gun Booster (6)
    4)Invisible shot (max)
    5)Wings (5)
    6)Recoil shot (5)
    7)Gun booster (max)
    8)recoil shot (max)
    9)Dump rest of skill points to skills of your choice, doesn't really matter

Invisible shot will be your bread and butter till 4th job. recoil shot+wings macro together makes for very GREAT mobility. and everything else is self explanatory

6. 3rd Skill build
    1)Homing beacon (1)
    2)Gaviota (max)
    3)Octopus (max)
    4)Homing beacon (max)
    5)Burst fire (max)
    6)Max either flamethrower or ice splitter,depends on your playstyle
      *Note*Ice splitter maxed has a 3-4 sec cooldown while flamethrower doesn't. just for your consideration.
    7)Dump points into other skills

So for this, we start off with 1 homing beacon for a singular target attack and then maxing Gaviota increases dps a bit. then comes along octopus making targets a bit softer on hp to kill. (you can have as much placed on a map as you can. Not right by each other although). With Homing beacon maxed next for stronger output, same goes for burst fire. and we conclude our build with maxing an elemental of your choice.

7. 4th Skill build
    First of all, a big CONGRATULATIONS to YOU for reaching 4th job mechanic!

Now I don't know if skills books factor later on but if it does, I would max skills according to skill book availability.

1)Battleship (1)
    2)Battleship torpedo (max)
    3)Aerial strike (max)
    4)Bullseye (max)
    5)Maple warrior (max)

Now with 1 battleship you're able to make use of the best skill in your arsenal, the holy BATTLESHIP TORPEDO. For my fellow corsair mainers you may find this odd but in Lucian, Torpedo is the hardest hitting attack AND it's able to hit 6 mobs. how the tides have turned.

Maxing aerial strike next gives you a skill you can use upclose and personal when the ship is down. meaning it doesn't do a pistol whip like other skills. your're able to blast all your enemies in the line of fire.

Then comes bullseye and maple warrior, a bit self explanatory. Bullseye increases homing beacons dmg% if you still use it and maple warrior for the additional stat%

Now the rest of the skills is up to you!

Closing
    I would like to thank Kodomo, Potato and anyone else who helped me to level, shout outs to my fellow Asylumnites! If you would like to use my guide as a reference, Please credit me. Thank you!

Last edited by LustStars on Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:05 am; edited 2 times in total
    kodomo
    kodomo
    Admin
    Admin

Zodiac : Aries Posts : 19

The Best Mechanical Wonder  Empty Re: The Best Mechanical Wonder

Post by kodomo Thu Oct 25, 2018 2:50 pm

Aww, nice guide CJ!

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 8:31 am